Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"King of the Roost" SOLD

"King of the Roost" by J Joy Nocifora ©2011 - Sold
10x10" oil on 1.5" gallery wrap canvas

It is about time that I painted a rooster. I say that because I have always had a fascination for them. Their fanciful plumes in an endless array of color combinations are really quite beautiful. Perhaps most interesting to me is their feisty personality. When I think about it, I have known some people who have some of this same feistiness. I suppose they get their names like "King of the Roost" honestly. I enjoyed the free flowing, bold brush strokes of the feathers in this painting.

Available at St. George's Episcopal Church Gallery, Germantown, TN
maryageorge@comcast.net or the church office for purchase information: 754-7282

3 comments:

  1. Love this one. Great way to start out the year- fun and loose! The red is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Judy. Glad to find your blog. Lots of nice work. You do lots of different subject matter. Keeps it fresh. Oh, how I love roosters. My sister had some for a year or so, so I am lucky to have some great photos. They really make me smile. All the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE this. Roosters are so colorful both in their feathers and attitude. You captured it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete