Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Inspirational and Fabulous Atlanta Workshop

A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of attending a workshop with fabulous painter and instructor, Jim Richards of Atlanta, Georgia.  I met Jim a few years ago at AIS (American Impressionists Show) in Carmel and again when I've attended America's Great Paint Out in Apalachicola, Florida for the past two years where I got to watch Jim in action on the plein air circuit.  For sure, there is much to admire about this guy's painting ability, but there's even more to admire about Jim for his natural ability as a really fine teacher!  Jim is so present with you when he is at your easel and really digs into what's going on in the painting… the good and the not so good.  I know he took me to another level and there were many "aha" moments for me!  I can't thank Jim Richards enough.

Here are my efforts during this three day workshop.  I learned so much from painting these landscapes and had a blast!  Inspired beyond words!


'Til the Cows Come Home
18x18 oil on linen
©Judy Joy Nocifora






Provincetown Morning on Commerce St.
18x18 oil on linen
©Judy Joy Nocifora





From Cape Cod: Good Morning America!
24x20 oil on linen
©Judy Joy Nocifora



No comments:

Post a Comment