Saturday, August 6, 2011

"Traveler's Rest" - Rome Italy


"Traveler's Rest" - Rome Italy
by J Joy Nocifora ©2011
6x6 inches - oil on linen canvas panel (unframed)

I love to travel and I find that in addition to wonderful architecture and landscapes, etc., some of the most intriguing points of interest are the people. This couple looked a lot like Peter and I on a hot day in Rome after a long tour of the Vatican. I think I identified with that "pooped" look!


Available in my "Daily Paintworks Gallery." Click here.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Judy . . . this is wonderful! The composition, the lighting, and the postures are terrific. You have captured perfectly that look of a weary tourist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful piece Judy, I love the crop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely and so true moment you have captured here Judy. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work. You have their postures just perfect and they do read like exhausted folks, we've all been there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the cropping is good on this and I really think you got their look of wanting to 'pack it in' for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Aagree with all the above comments. The bench is a work of art by itself. That was not a quick paint.
    I'm going to Italy in september! First time. Celebrating half a decade gone by that month. Some great things about getting older.

    ReplyDelete