Tuesday, August 9, 2011

"Seaside Reader"

"Seaside Reader"
by J Joy Nocifora
9 x 12 inches oil on board (unframed)
nfs

"Seaside Reader" by J Joy Nocifora ©2011
9x12 inches (unframed)

I absolutely loved my workshop with Peggy Kroll-Roberts in June. She is so outstanding as an instructor and painter that I hardly know how to put it into words. Peggy emphasizes drawing constantly, value studies, and putting (as she is quoted) "mileage on the canvas." In addition to the still life part of the workshop, I also enjoyed figurative studies with beautiful, young models from the community. And Peggy, in her gentle, patient, and appreciative way made them feel like they were "Queen for a Day!" This workshop has sparked my interest in more figurative study!
"Seaside Reader" is a value study using four grey tone values. We will see how well I translate this to color! Stay tuned...

6 comments:

  1. Funny, I just posted about my weekend PKR workshop today. This is great Judy, can't wait to see it in color and paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to your blog now! Hope you had as wonderful a time as I did! thought she was outstanding and I plan to take her again next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might just be a favorite. Timeless and just plain awesomely good! Love the solitary composition and the values are beautifully done. Girl, you got it-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done! Sounds like a great workshop! And you were at the beach? Art, sand and sun. How much better could life get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic painting. Can't wait to see it in color. I took Peggi's workshop in Charlotte in May, and she is a marvelous instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great painting!! I would love to take her workshop! I have her dvds and they are really good, but just not the same.

    ReplyDelete