Monday, March 14, 2011

"Trois Tulipes"

"Trois Tulipes" by J Joy Nocifora ©2011
9 x 12 oil on linen canvas panel

Kathy Cousart brought the most beautiful tulips to our workshop and they were my favorite thing to paint! As you can see they don't need a fancy vase. The tulips make the Mason jar look elegant. I hope there will still be tulips around so that I can paint them again, when I return from my two week trip west. My trip includes a five day, plein air workshop with Jennifer McChristian at the Scottsdale Art Academy in Scottsdale, Arizona. My traveling pal, Denise Rose and I are so excited!

4 comments:

  1. Judy- This is beautiful! Was so glad that we all used them and loved painting them too. Have a wonderful trip heading west. We all want lots of reports on all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! Can't wait for the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely, Judy . . . soft and elegant! You and Denise are going to love Arizona. Remember, it's dry there . . . so hydrate and moisterize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Enjoy your workshop.
    Lovely tulips.

    ReplyDelete