Friday, January 27, 2012

A Breath of Spring... SOLD

"A Breath of Spring" by J Joy Nocifora ©2012  SOLD
10 x 10 oil on gallery wrap canvas

This painting, "A Breath of Spring" was my donation to The Memphis Botanic Garden's fundraiser, "INCOGNITO" January 20, 2012.  This was a fabulously fun evening with all participating artist dressed for the occasion... incognito!  No artist could sign their painting until the bidding stopped.  The theme was "buy what you love, not who you know."


I was thrilled to meet the lovely couple who bought my painting!  They were great supporters of this event by purchasing three paintings.  Over 80 artist participated and over 300 attended "Incognito."  All but two or three paintings sold and the walls were bare!  This fundraising event was such a success that it will be an annual event.  Bravo to all the artists, organizers and supporters!

11 comments:

  1. Judy, glad to see you posting again -- you have been missed! 'INCOGNITO" sounds like it was a really fun, and successful event. Congratulations on your sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe... thanks, Linda. My broken right hand has been a painful journey and simple activities are laborious, but it will get better. I've missed you too and all my blogging friends. You can see a bit of the cast in the photo above.

      Delete
  2. So lovely Judy. Beautiful colors. So sorry about your hand. Hope it heals quickly. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. So great to hear from you and thanks for thinking about me. Hope the new year is starting off with lots of good things going on in your life. Keep me posted on the new house progress.

      Delete
  3. Lovely and just a sweet painting! Beautiful colors with such harmony:) Congrats on the sale- keep hanging in there- you will be painting miles soon with that recovered right hand:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy! Glad I got this painting finished before I broke my hand. And... I so appreciate your encouraging words. Can't wait to see you! :))

      Delete
  4. The colors on this painting are quite lovely! The overall quality is muted and subdued, but there are many saturated hues mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Andrew! I enjoyed painting this one and so glad that someone now has it to enjoy in their home!

      Delete
  5. Your painting is so delicate and sweet...I am sure they are really enjoying that right now. It is so wonderful that the event was such a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting Lisa! We had a great show and I do hope this painting brings this lovely couple much joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one Judy. Your paintings almost have the look of pastels.

    ReplyDelete