Sunday, November 6, 2011

Garrapata California Cliffs

"Garrapata California Cliffs" by J Joy Nocifora ©2011
8x10 oil on linen panel (unframed)

Peter and I had the most marvelous vacation in San Francisco and Carmel. It was especially exciting that the American Impressionist Society held their annual show in Carmel this year and what a gorgeous show it was! I loved meeting all the great artist who also attended and enjoyed fun dinners and lunches with artist friends, Deb Groesser, Lori Putnam, Anne Blair Brown, Sherrie Levine, to name a few.
Painting the breathtaking views while standing atop the cliffs in Garrapata Park was beyond words. You just want to sit there and soak it up for as long as you can. I don't pretend to think that I give justice to the beauty of this awesome scene, but I sure enjoyed painting it!

This painting is available for your viewing and purchase at Daily Paintworks. Click on the link below.


3 comments:

  1. I think you did an excellent job capturing the light on the grasses and the water. They sparkle. Sounds like you had a wonderful experience! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Judy! You've done a wonderful job capturing the beauty of the Cliffs. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad y'all had such a blast. I know all the plein air painting you got to do there was really special. This scene is just beautiful. I feel the light on the grasses and the water- you got it girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete