Monday, November 21, 2011

"Mr. Lucky" Sold


"Mr. Lucky" by J Joy Nocifora ©2011 • Sold
6x6" oil on museum quality linen panel


The Chinese New Year celebration is coming to an end and this is the "Year of the Rabbit." According to the Chinese the rabbit is a lucky sign. Ah yes... we could all use some of that! There is of course much symbolism associated with rabbits, but leaving all that aside, I just like rabbits. I am remembering the rabbit that children had growing up. Their well fed, black rabbit grew to be so big and fat that its cage sunk like a hammock.






6 comments:

  1. I love rabbits and I LOVE your rabbit painting, Judy! You did a great job with his soft fur. He is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bunnies too! This one is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Lucky is wonderful. Love the composition- greens around him are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling subject. Great job. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for listening to the show today and for leaving a nice comment on my blog!

    Mr. lucky is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He reminds me of my sister's rabbit. Lily. Nice painting Judy. And sold is good too!

    ReplyDelete