Thursday, December 29, 2011

Maya's Organic Garden Shed

"Maya's Organic Garden Shed"
by J Joy Nocifora ©2011
6x6" oil on linen canvas panel

The Chestnut Group of Nashville, Tennessee, plein air painters for the land,  held their first Christmas/Painting exchange in early December.  It was a wonderfully fun evening and a fine opportunity to meet many of the Chestnut members for the first time.  This little painting was my contribution to the "grab a bag with a painting."  Jean Gauld-Jaeger of Nashville received it.  Hope we have this gathering again next year!

5 comments:

  1. Stunning, and I love those red umbrellas! Makes me yearn for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Judy. I love the idea of "grab a bag with a painting" -- so clever! Happy New Year !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following you on Twitter..and now have just found your blog and facebook. Greetings a a very Happy New Year from Wichita, Kansas! I love your work. And yes, the above painting makes me yearn for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this entire sweet composition. Love the light shining in and the shadows under the umbrella are so good! Gorgeous greens and beautiful color harmony all around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and I remember this scene! I love the umbrellas and it brings back fond memories of our travels.

    ReplyDelete