Sunday, September 4, 2011

"The Big Apple"







"The Big Apple"
by J Joy Nocifora ©2011
8 x 10 oil on canvas panel (unframed)

I just love a big, shiny, red apple! I remember the ones that my mom always put in my school lunch, which I quickly traded for a friend's vanilla wafers filled with marshmallow creme. Who could resist? I did not think about the apple's beauty then, but if we had traded on the basis of beauty, then of course my apple would have been the object of desire.
"The Big Apple" is available at auction in my Daily Paintworks Gallery. Bidding starts at just $50. Click here.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous apple- love the colors and the darker shadow side is so good! Love that knife- the reflection is gorgeous and the edges are fabulous. Judy, This is a wonderful painting and full of lots of treats that beat a vanilla wafer with marshmallow creme any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the elements of this are so nice. The apple, the plate and that little knife is wow.

    ReplyDelete